Comprehensive Privacy Statement
Tailorednz Limited complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020. The privacy of your information is very important to us. If you have any questions about how we use and protect your personal information, please do not hesitate to contact us.
Tailorednz Limited (we, us, our) complies with the New Zealand Privacy Act 2020 (“the Act”) and, if applicable, the European Union’s General Data Protection Regulations, when dealing with personal information. Personal information is information about an identifiable individual (a natural person).
This statement sets out how we will collect, use, disclose and protect your personal information.
This statement does not limit or exclude any rights under the Act. There is more information on the Act at the Office of the Privacy Commissioner.
Consent to This Privacy Statement
By using this website you are agreeing with Tailorednz Limited’s Privacy Statement. If you do not agree to the Privacy Statement then please do not use this website.
Changes to This Statement
We may change this statement by uploading a revised statement onto the website. The change will apply from the date that we upload the revised statement.
Who We Collect Your Personal Information From
We collect personal information about you from:
- You, when you provide that personal information to us, including via the website and any related service, through any registration or subscription process, through any contact with us (eg telephone call, email, virtual meetings, or in person), or when you use our services and products.
- Third parties where you have authorised this or the information is publicly available.
Wherever possible, we will collect personal information from you directly.
What personal information do we collect about you
We collect personal information in order to carry out the functions and activities required to provide our services to you. For example, if we are providing you with advice we will ask you a range of questions and collect information from you so that we have a good understanding of your financial position and objectives. This information will include:
- Your name and date of birth
- Your email address, postal address, residential address and contact telephone numbers
- Financial information, such as your bank account number, your tax status and associated tax identifying numbers, your financial goals and objectives, your current and past personal financial circumstances, including information relating to your assets, liabilities and investments, and any other information that we may request or require in order to obtain a full understanding of your personal financial circumstances and objectives
- Specific documents to verify your identity and other personal information
- Information required to determine your suitability for the services we offer
- Information about which of our services you use and how you use those services including the activities and transactions you undertake
- Any correspondence between us and you
- Preference information such as your marketing preferences
- Information required to satisfy our legal and regulatory obligations
How We Use Your Personal Information
We will use your personal information:
- To verify your identity
- To provide services and products to you
- To market our services and products to you, including contacting you electronically (eg by text or email for this purpose)
- To improve the services and products that we provide to you
- To undertake credit checks of you (if necessary)
- To invoice you and to collect money that you owe us for the agreed services
- To respond to communications from you, including a complaint
- To conduct research and statistical analysis (on an anonymised basis)
- To protect and/or enforce our legal rights and interests, including defending any claim
- Complying with our legal and regulatory obligations
- For any other purpose authorised by you or the Act
Disclosing Your Personal Information
We may disclose your personal information to:
- Financial institutions that we engage with for the purposes of providing our service to you, such as our Custodian
- Third parties to meet our regulatory or legal obligations and for the purposes of carrying out checks to satisfy our obligations under the Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism Act 2009
- External and professional service providers that provide services to us
- Other third-parties (for anonymised statistical information)
- A person who can require us to supply your personal information (eg a regulatory authority)
- Any other person authorised by the Act or another law (eg a law enforcement agency)
- Any other person authorised by you
- Entities that acquire an interest in us
Some of the parties that we may disclose your personal information to may be located overseas. We require these entities to adhere to our standards of privacy, security and confidentiality.
Protecting Your Personal Information
We will take reasonable steps to keep your personal information safe from loss, unauthorised activity, or other misuse. We will not sell or rent your personal information to any third party. We cannot (and do not) accept any risk or responsibility for disclosure of personal information submitted.
Accessing and Correcting Your Personal Information
You may request a copy of the personal information that we hold about you. You may also require that we correct personal information that we hold about you if that information is misleading, inaccurate, incomplete or irrelevant. These requests can be made by contacting us at Tailorednz Limited, 196 Broadway Avenue, Palmerston North, New Zealand, or emailing us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We may refuse your request for a copy of the personal information that we hold about you or your request to correct your personal information in one of the following circumstances:
- Access would be unlawful
- Access would prejudice enforcement action or actions relating to unlawful activity or serious misconduct
- Denying access is required under New Zealand law or an order of a court or tribunal. In the event that a request to obtain or change your personal information has been refused we will provide you with a statement within 15 working days that explains why the request has been refused.
- When you make a request to access personal information, we may require you to provide some form of identification (such as driver licence or passport) so we can verify that you are the person to whom the information relates. In some cases we may also request an administrative fee to cover the cost of access, although in the majority of cases we will be able to provide the requested information free of charge. In the event of a fee being charged we will notify you of the amount and obtain your approval before proceeding with the request.
We strive to only send email to those who want to receive it. If you would not like to receive future emails from us, please use the “unsubscribe” link that is located at the bottom of our email communications.
Tailorednz Limited recognises the importance of safeguarding your personal information. Please contact us to talk to us about your personal information or the communication we send you. We are happy to provide you with any personal information that we hold about you. If it is incorrect, we will correct it.
While we take reasonable steps to maintain secure internet connections, if you provide us with personal information over the internet, the provision of that information is at your own risk.
If you follow a link on our website to another site, the owner of that site will have its own privacy statement relating to your personal information. We suggest you review that site’s privacy statement before you provide personal information.
Website Tracking and Measurement
Tailorednz Limited uses third-party website trackers, such as Google Analytics, to collect information on how you use our website. These services are used to aggregate website statistics anonymously, such as number of page views, the number of unique visitors, time spent on our site, and to determine advertising effectiveness.
Tailorednz Limited uses remarketing with Google Analytics and Google AdWords to advertise online. Third-party vendors, including Google, show Tailorednz ads on sites across the internet. Tailorednz and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookie) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to inform, optimise, and serve ads based on a user’s past visits to the Tailorednz’s website.
Tailorednz Limited uses Google Display Network Impression reporting and the DoubleClick Campaign Manager. Tailorednz and third-party vendors, including Google, use first-party cookies (such as the Google Analytics cookies) and third-party cookies (such as the DoubleClick cookie) together to report how ad impressions, other uses of ad services, and interactions with these ad impressions and ad services are related to visits to the Tailorednz’s website.
Tailorednz Limited uses Google Analytics Demographics and Interest reporting, including age, gender, and interests. This is aggregated website traffic information collected by our web server or third party systems we subscribe to.
If you have any questions, concerns or complaints about this Privacy Statement you can contact us via email at email@example.com.
Alternatively, you can contact the Office of the Privacy Commissioner directly using the below contact information:
Office of the Privacy Commissioner
P O Box 10-094
Wellington 6143, New Zealand
Telephone: 0800 803 909